Rules of Play – The Quay – Indoor Soft Play Centre
The Quay Indoor Soft Play Centre team supervise the play equipment maintenance and help maximise visitors enjoyment from the play experience, they are not however a replacement for parental supervision.
Whilst in the soft play area all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. We further require at least one adult for every 5 children visiting to ensure an appropriate level of supervision is maintained.
Parents & Guardians should note that whilst every consideration has been taken to ensure the safety of children using the play centre, The Quay Indoor Soft Play Centre cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment.
For the comfort and enjoyment of all our customers we ask all visitors to adhere to our simple rules of play.
Parents & Guardians MUST:
- Remain in the soft play area at all times
- Monitor their child to ensure he/she is capable of using the equipment safely
- Know where their child is at all times and also ensure the child is able to locate them at all times
- Parents & Guardians know their child’s capabilities best, so they should ensure an appropriate level of supervision to reflect this
- For the safety of other children, the management reserve the right to remove unruly children from the soft play area
- Management also reserve the right to refuse admission
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. The Quay does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children
- Only children who are 12 and under may play on the equipment. Children over the age of 12 will only be allowed on the equipment with express permission from, and at the discretion of, the supervising staff
- Jewellery and badges should be removed and kept safely by a responsible adult
- Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses. The Quay cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss of such articles
- Please remove shoes before entering the play areas. Socks must be worn at all times
- Socks can be purchased from the main reception area
- The Quay recommends that children wear long sleeves and trousers. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. Football shirts and other items of clothing that are made from man-made fibers are not recommended and will prevent children from using some of the attractions within the soft play area
- Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play areas.
- Please do not play in front of slide exits
- No sharp objects may be taken into the play area
- It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure
- No food, drink or chewing gum should be taken into the play areas
- It is forbidden to smoke or play with fire within The Quay
- It is recommended that children who are feeling unwell should not enter The Quay and under no circumstances are allowed to enter the soft play area
- Balls or other objects should not be thrown at each other
- Fighting or bullying will not be tolerated. Guilty parties may be asked to leave
- Parents & Guardians are responsible for the behavior and wellbeing of any child in their care at all times while in The Quay, and must maintain supervision at all times
- In the interests of Health and Safety, please report any spillages to a member of staff as soon as possible, they will be happy to clean the area
- Report ALL accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimize the potential of re-occurrence. The Quay has an ongoing commitment to a safe play environment, so any incidents will be logged for Health and Safety audits
- All damages to The Quay’s property, either accidental or deliberate, must be reported to a member of staff
- Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. should be conducted in the toilets and nappies should be placed in the designated bins provided.
- For Health and Safety reasons, only food and drink purchased at The Quay may be consumed on the premises
- Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Don’t attempt to intervene yourself